5 things to know about investing in single-family rental homes – Market WatchJune 10, 2018
Single-family rental homes comprise more than one-third of all U.S. rental properties — about 16 million currently, with another 13 million new rental households expected to be formed by 2030. Since U.S. housing stock is not keeping up with this future demand, the sector should enjoy a significant tailwind given these favorable supply/demand trends.
1. Know your investing criteria first
2. Don’t limit your investment property search to where you live
3. Separate investing from operations
4. Real estate investing is a marathon, not a sprint
5. Take advantage of the tools and resources available to you